Winter visitors

We have discouraged any family and friends from visiting Michigan in the winter, but I am so happy that not everyone listened to us! Pete's parents came last weekend for a 3 1/2 day visit and I think it was just what we all needed. Something to mix up the monotony of winter (not that this has been a bad one... the day after they left it was 52 degrees!) It was most fun to just sit around and let them play with the kids and chat, but we also went to the Children's Museum, made a run to Costco, and went out to dinner. We will now be encouraging any and all who are willing to visit us in the winter! Maybe not as fun for them, but more than looked forward to by us!

John and Dan put grandpa to work playing with Legos in all the free time. I'm sure he has his feel for the next 6 months.


Pete and his dad took John and Dan out to play in the less than 1 inch of snow on Saturday :) I guess that's all the kids need to have fun! They built a sweet snowman then went sledding on the small hill just down from our house.




Saturday night we headed into Ann Arbor for dinner and to walk down Main Street. We ate at Grizzly Peak and were not disappointed! But even better, the kids were well behaved, which always makes eating out more enjoyable.


Joe cuddled up with Grandma Annie when we got home. I think he was frozen to the core after walking around outside in the bitter cold!


We were a couple weeks early, but we celebrated Grandma Annie's birthday while she was here. John and Dan drew her a bunch of pictures and tied them up with bows and were rather excited to watch her unroll their creations. Then we had chocolate marshmallow brownies. Yum.



Grandpa John reading to the boys.


We miss you guys already! The day after visitors leave is always a bit lonely for me. When they asked if there was anything they could do for us, I told them if they could move down the street that would be just great :) I do miss having family closer, but we sure do love it when they visit!

1 comment:

Eliza said...

your boys are so dang cute.