How you know you're on the last stretch of pregnancy...

* Putting on socks and tying shoes has all of the sudden become extremely uncomfortable
* You find yourself out of breath every time you go up one flight of stairs (especially when you're carrying one of the kids!)
* Your quads burn after picking up after the kids (why workout anymore??? I'm getting all the workout I need chasing after these little guys!)
* Your stomach has turned into the perfect place to rest a cup or bowl of cereal when you're sitting in bed at night
* I swear this little boy is gaining a half pound everyday! I can almost see my belly growing.
* Kicks are now being felt right up under the ribs and down in the pelvis, sometimes at the same time... one of the down sides of having a short torso
* Maternity clothes that you tried on around 5 months and stuck at the back of the closet thinking there was no way you would ever fit into those are now making an appearance
* You have resorted to wearing some large comfy pants and your hubbies t-shirts almost 100% of the time... only when you go out of the house do you finally pull on those tight maternity jeans
* The fact that you're going to be caring for a new baby in a month or two is finally starting to sink in... enjoying all the sleep I can get and catching up on all projects that have been left undone (like Joe's baby book... I think I wrote in it the day he was born then stuck it in a box to be completed later... didn't think it would be 2 1/2 years later!)
* Those darn braxton-hicks contractions make you run to the bathroom nearly every time they come (were my contractions this hard with the other pregnancies? It's hard to remember.)
* The dreaded day has come... you now wake up every time you try to roll over in bed. I knew this day would come but didn't think it would come this early!

Here are a few "beautiful" pregnancy shots. I keep thinking I need to put on something cute, do my hair and have Pete take some good ones. I finally realized that that's probably just not going to happen. So here's me in one of Pete's cute t-shirts at 32 weeks that John took that really shows off the torpedo belly (the one of me smiling was super blurry... so this non-smiling pic will have to do... I'm really not a sad person), and another one a few days earlier that Dan happened to snap of me. Blurry, but oh well. When I finally got around to Joe's baby book I noticed it asked for a picture of pregnant mom... and I can't find one anywhere! I guess the fun of taking pictures of your pregnant belly and body just aren't quite as fun after the first couple pregnancies :) I now have 7 1/2 weeks till my due date and realized the other day that if this baby came as early as Joe it would be here in 2 1/2! I'm trying really hard not to hope for or expect that, otherwise the last couple weeks could be excruciatingly long. No matter when this baby comes, I really am so excited to have a new little guy join our family. Joe continues to lift up his shirt, point to his belly, and say "baby!" He has no idea what's coming. As for John and Dan, they both often put their little hands on my belly and ask if he's awake. The other day Dan asked the dreaded question, "So... how will the baby get out?" I had to think quick... "Well, when he's ready to come, he'll just POP out!" Dan just smiled and said "Oh." Phew, don't want to get into that just yet :)


2 comments:

Barb said...

You look great! I loved your explanation- "he'll just pop out!" Don't you wish it was like that? I do. :)

Eliza said...

I think you look adorable, and you are right, that is one torpedo belly, yours goes straight out! Mine was more like an inner tube around my waste so no one believed me when I said how far along I was. I'm really excited for you... good luck my friend!