Joe is FINALLY taking his first steps! Don't mind that he's 16 months. Better late than never, right? I couldn't be more excited for him to walk. People are always telling me, "Oh, just enjoy him not walking, when he finally starts you'll be wishing he was crawling again." Thanks for the optimism, but I really don't think that's true. While it's cold and wet outside I haven't been able to let him play outside much, because his hands get cold from being on the ground, and his legs get wet. I have to carry him everywhere we go... I swear I have the strongest left arm out there! And lately all he wants to do is walk, but he's been refusing to take even one step without holding a finger, so I have to walk around with him half the day. I cannot wait until he can do it by himself! So yesterday we had a break through. Pete's mom asked if we had tried using a pencil... you have them hold on to the pencil, and you hold on to the other end of it to offer support at the beginning, and then as they get going you let go. But they're still holding on and feel like they have some support. Well, this is what led to our breakthrough. We found a little toy that does the job perfectly and worked its magic tonight. Way to go, Joe!
9 comments:
So darling!
Yay for Joseph!! Now Owen and Joe can run around together the next time they get to play. ;)
p.s. I just played this video for Owen a few times because he loved it so much! haha! Also, I love how Joe is giggling the whole time. So cute!
Super job, Joe!
Cute jess! Good job Joe!
Such a good vid!
I LOVE his cute laugh! We need to get together so the little boys can play!
I love that he is getting the biggest kick out of that... and I can't believe he is walking!
I can't believe how big he's getting. Even from Thanksgiving he seems so much bigger. Go Joe!
Post a Comment