I love California!!!

At the end of March we went to Carlsbad, CA with the Jackson family. So much fun! My camera broke a week or two before the trip (thus the reason for not too many blog postings in the last couple months!), but I was able to get a few from my sister-in-law. We first stopped in Las Vegas for a couple days, then went on down to Carlsbad, home of Legoland : ) Our first day there was the nicest so we spent the entire day at the beach... for sure the highlight of the trip for me! There's nothing like sitting around in the warm sun all day watching your kids play. Oh, what I would give to be back there again! Then we took the kids to Legoland, the main purpose of us staying in Carlsbad. It was crowded, and Daniel wasn't able to go on many rides, but I think the kids still had fun. Maybe I was expecting too much, but I wasn't overly impressed. I'd rather go to Lagoon.
Here are the few pics from the trip:








My favorite picture ever! Daniel with his Grandpa John.


4 comments:

Julie said...

Looks like a fun trip Jess! (I totally agree about sitting on the beach...the sand totally keeps the kids busy, it's so great)
It would be fun to plan a friends trip to the beach in the next couple of years :)

Alden said...

Nice! I spend a lot of time commuting down to Carlsbad from Orange County for work...love Carlsbad! (could have given you the heads up about Legoland though). Looks like you all had a great time. If you're in the area again, give us a call. Miss you guys.

Allison Tiek said...

So funny that in your last post you guys are playing in the snow and now you're playing on the beach! I'm definitely ready for summer, why won't it stay in the 60s and 70s?

w and w said...

fun! Family trips are never over rated. How fun! Love Cali? Just wait until you come visit on the NC beaches. THEY'RE SO WARM! We'd love to have you any time!